AOL Favourite Places

StevieB77 19:48 25 Mar 03

Do any AOL users know if there is a way of making a back up of the ‘Favourite Places’ list? I ask this because I have already lost a lot of address to web sites a used regularly after I had to get my computer reset. Is there perhaps a file in the AOL folder on the hard drive that can be saved to disk?

Thanks in advance of any suggestions.

Djohn 19:53 25 Mar 03

All your settings are held on the aol server, so if you uninstall for any reason, everything comes back automatically, therefore you do not need to back-up your favourites/personal filing cabinet/e-mails, or address book. J.

graham 19:53 25 Mar 03

Open 'Favourites', right-click on Favourites, click on 'save folder as...'

StevieB77 20:02 25 Mar 03

I'm sure you are right but when I installed AOL everything was reset!

That works a treat.

Thanks both for your advice.

graham 20:03 25 Mar 03

How do you get them back on the PC? I ask because I had to do a system recover and I lost all those things you mention.

Djohn 20:11 25 Mar 03

Don't know to be honest, but over the past few weeks I have had 12 separate versions running, and each time I installed a new one, it carried everything over. even now I have four different versions on test.

Four weeks ago, I formatted and installed win XP and then did a clean install of aol, all my settings and other information was there as soon as I logged on.

I do have some info on this though, I received it from AOL themselves a while back. I will dig it out and put it on this thread.

Djohn 20:20 25 Mar 03

Thought I had kept it but can't seem to find it.

If you go to on-line help and ask for info. on retrieving details after an install, they have a standard info. sheet witch they will e-mail you straight away. J.

Mango Grummit 21:22 25 Mar 03

Copy the folder from AOL called "organise". All favourites and PFC stuff is held there -- all in AOL code of course. I back up this folder as part of my normal backup routine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…