AOL email blocking

hoverman 17:14 16 Sep 03

Since I have ticked my thread about AOL's policy regarding spam emails I thought I would start another. Please note my last reply to: click here

Any comments?

Mango Grummit 17:51 16 Sep 03

See your other thread --- I'll wait here 'til 1800 hrs to recieve mails if problem is not at your end. I'm on AOL8 and daily receive e-mails from UK and The States, Holland, France and Australia. All sorts of different ISPs, with no problem.

hoverman 18:46 16 Sep 03

I am convinced that the problem is not at my end in view of other Forum postings about this. I have no trouble at all sending emails to other ISP users - only AOL users. Also, I have no problem receiving emails from AOL users, so it must be their spam blocking policy that is to blame. Some of my friends with AOL have told me that they have never received emails from others as well.

Mango Grummit 19:22 16 Sep 03

Well if you read what I posted on your other thread and responded accordingly (ie, mailed to the three AOL addresses with the heading I asked for) then the problem is with you 'cos I have not received them. Did you get the e-mail via PCA that I sent?

I send and receive dozens of e-mails a week to very many ISPs including BT with no problems.

But anyway, good luck with this, regards, M

hoverman 20:19 16 Sep 03

Can you, or anyone, explain why the problem should be at my end? To repeat: I have NO problems whatsoever sending emails to recipents with other ISP's. AOL is the only one. If the problem was at my end why doesn't it affect the others? Nothing has changed on my system. The problem has to be with the reported blocking of emails from BT Internet users.

hoverman 20:43 16 Sep 03

To put others in the picture, Mango Grummit sent me an email via PC Advisor which was received. I replied via Outlook Express using my BT email address. This has just been returned as undelivered. My apologies for repeating myself but I have NEVER had any returned/undelivered emails sent to any ISP except AOL. It is not consistant either - some get through, some do not. As I said in my last message, it has to down to AOL's blocking of emails from BT Internet users which others have reported.

Mango Grummit 20:48 16 Sep 03

I received one, and replied, but not the other two I asked for to the other addresses. How many did you send hoverman?

hoverman 20:57 16 Sep 03

I only sent one but what other email addresses are you referring to? There were none mentioned in your posting. Incidentally, a friend of mine who is also with BT Internet has just told me he has had messages sent to an AOL address returned. I have now convinced that there is no problem at my end. Will tick this as resolved now.

Mango Grummit 21:24 16 Sep 03

I sent you an e-mail via PCA with three addresses. You obviously did not get that.

As a further check, I've just had a friend send me e-mails to those three addresses from a BT account and all were received. First as plain e-mail, then again with attachments, no probs.

Sorry I could not help you with this.

M

frankie 21:30 16 Sep 03

am on bt openworld aol send all yes all emails back.i deal on ebay and cant contact any aol users

hoverman 06:30 17 Sep 03

Same as you - two emails I had returned were to an eBay seller with an AOL email address. In the end I had to contact him through ebay's 'Ask Seller A Question' facility. I later sent another messageas as a test to his AOL address and it got through OK. This issue seems to be a hit and miss affair with some messages getting through and others not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…