AOL Driving me insane

RobCharles1981 22:45 06 Dec 06

I have been with AOL Broadband Silver since July of this year and I find it very bad, am I able to still cancel my acount and goto a much better Isp that offers Static Ips ?

FatboySlim71 22:59 06 Dec 06

Why "is it so bad" ?, I have broadband gold from them which I have had for three years and I find AOL excellent.

RobCharles1981 23:11 06 Dec 06

Because AOL is not suited really for gaming I have started a thread on the networking forum about my Router to forward the ports for the game, and the ports refuse or something to work!!

FatboySlim71 00:20 07 Dec 06

Chances are you may have the same problems with another ISP, it may not be just down to AOL.

Miros 01:27 07 Dec 06

I'm in my third year with AOL silver, there are a lot of things about AOL I don't like, but it does keep going and going.

It is possible to haggle with them by the way!

I don't do gaming though, and as FatboySlim71 says this could be where your problem is.

Snec 02:09 07 Dec 06

Well I do online gaming and in over five years with AOL I have had no problems at all. Mind you, I connect directly to the net via the router and do not through the AOL software.

wolfie3000 02:21 07 Dec 06

Iv been using AOL for years and i found it one of the best ISP,s for gaming,

I have AOL Silver and i hardly get any lag what so ever on all my games.

gaming and aol have got better over the years.. my ping while in most uk servers is 18 to 30 ms .. not bad for an isp who dont realy support gamers .. kind regards akanic

mymate 09:18 07 Dec 06

Did you sign up for a year contract ? if you did you have to stay with them. I find them ok now,i uninstalled their software and just use my modem to get on line without all their rubbish software popping up .

Sic 10:07 07 Dec 06

I do a lot of gaming and have been with AOL for years, typical pings when playing CS:S is 10-15, very quick!

AOL is a very good server, its reliable with good contention ratios and a genuine uncapped download limit.

I would look at your setup before blaming AOL Rob.

FatboySlim71 10:12 07 Dec 06

I agree with you sic about "look at your setup before blaming AOL" I cannot fault AOL they have served me well for over 3 years plus like you pointed out they have a genuine uncapped download limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…