Aol .... Deux point!

Diemmess 20:37 14 Sep 07

This week I received good advice from Aol's Live Chat, and today.... without fuss.... or fanfare I find I am upgraded to a nominal 1Mbps.

All in one week!

The Live Chat recommended removal of IE v 7 and allowing XP to reinstall IE6.
It was to cure a sudden reluctance to open PDF files online. It did, (though where in complete ignorance I collected IE7 I've no idea.)

The speed increase has been promised for most of this year and now I have a maximum download speed of 1Mbps actualy about 970K.
I am still nominally on Silver and have been paying a negotiated £9.99 p/m for a couple of years.

Quite fast enough for my needs when I seldom download any large files.
Can remember yonks ago on dialup taking nearly 2 hrs to download about 15 Mb of an application update!

rdave13 20:42 14 Sep 07

What speed where you on previously if I may ask?

Diemmess 20:50 14 Sep 07

Started with gold @ 0.25Mb - ages ago.
Downgraded to Silver when they doubled speed, but didn't get any improvement until I argued.
Apology and a month free of subs for my trouble.

A year or so later played the loyalty card, offered to take another 1 yr contract for a smaller sub (A forum member was only paying £9.99) and my sub then about £14.99 was reduced to £9.99 where it has remained.

Diemmess 20:57 14 Sep 07

To save your arithmetic and sorry I didn't answer your question, I have been on 0.5Mb with a usual download speed of 480k-490K and regular updates like AVG coming in at about 123 bytes per second.

rdave13 21:09 14 Sep 07

On silver at 1 meg. Have been for a year. Previouslly Gold and Platinum. Still on 1 meg even though promise of upgrade to 2 meg. Paying £14.99 pm. Speed is constant and good enough for me but still bugs a bit as I believe they will not upgrade me now that they have new deals going.
As I'm not on an LLU exchange it will cost me up to a tenner more for their newer services.
Can't for the life of me work out why reverting back to IE6 helps to open PDF?

rdave13 21:13 14 Sep 07

This is my speed results and haven't varied much in the last year, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5