AOL Desktop after upgrade

Mac101 13 Nov 11

I recently upgraded (online - I don;t know whether this is of any significance) my HP Studio XPS from Windows 7 Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Since then my AOL Desktop has ceased to work properly. When I log on it either loads up and then shuts down or it just sits there saying 'website contacted, waiting for reply'. In the latter case I have to use task-manager to shut down the non-responding AOL prog. I can still access AOL via IE without any problem. Does anyone know if this is a known problem or encountered similar problems? Many thanks.

northumbria61 14 Nov 11

I don't know anything about AOL Desktop - BUT do you have the latest version installed v.10.1? If you already have the latest version you could try an uninstall/reinstall

Mac101 14 Nov 11

Thanks. Yes - latest version. Have tried reinstalling but to no avail.

northumbria61 14 Nov 11

You could try AOL HELP - enter link description here

kdt 14 Nov 11

see if v9.6 works?

Mac101 15 Nov 11

Thanks for advice folks; will try.

Mac101 15 Nov 11

Well they didn't work. I can't work out whether it is a Windows or AOL problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message