AOL Desktop after upgrade

Mac101 13 Nov 11

I recently upgraded (online - I don;t know whether this is of any significance) my HP Studio XPS from Windows 7 Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Since then my AOL Desktop has ceased to work properly. When I log on it either loads up and then shuts down or it just sits there saying 'website contacted, waiting for reply'. In the latter case I have to use task-manager to shut down the non-responding AOL prog. I can still access AOL via IE without any problem. Does anyone know if this is a known problem or encountered similar problems? Many thanks.

northumbria61 14 Nov 11

I don't know anything about AOL Desktop - BUT do you have the latest version installed v.10.1? If you already have the latest version you could try an uninstall/reinstall

Mac101 14 Nov 11

Thanks. Yes - latest version. Have tried reinstalling but to no avail.

northumbria61 14 Nov 11

You could try AOL HELP - enter link description here

kdt 14 Nov 11

see if v9.6 works?

Mac101 15 Nov 11

Thanks for advice folks; will try.

Mac101 15 Nov 11

Well they didn't work. I can't work out whether it is a Windows or AOL problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message