aol - crap

aceguy 18:31 01 Oct 04

i have had aol now for around 4 days(dial up)while i wait for my aol broadband modem. so far i think it has been total rubbish compared to my old freeserve isp. the thing is when i try to share sum files aol shuts of and does not connect back by itself-no matter how i set it up!!! will the broadband be this bad to?? any ideas anyone??

Noelg23 18:35 01 Oct 04

well for starters the broadband will be faster but there are people out there who dont like AOL so you may get some nice stories...me on the other hand use a compnay called Central Point...1meg connection for only £26 a month...cheaper than BT, AOL and Wanadoo...service is great...click here

picklsey 18:37 01 Oct 04

aol bb no probs. if you set it up right.

badgermansix 18:38 01 Oct 04

I don't use AOL myself, but to be honest, I would have thought that any ISP that big, cannot be crap aceguy :-))

Noelg23 18:41 01 Oct 04

some people get the good service...other dont...its that luck of the draw again...

aceguy 18:50 01 Oct 04

i am going to try broadband when it arrives and see what like - i get a seven day cooling period!! still like freeserve!!!

Jackcoms 18:52 01 Oct 04

aceguy

"still like freeserve!!!"

So why did you move? If it ain't broke...

aceguy 19:01 01 Oct 04

someone broke into my house and stole my pc - i got it replaced (insurance). so i was going to go for aol silver but now i hav my doubts

aceguy 19:01 01 Oct 04

am off to the pub-cheers anyhow!!!

CurlyWhirly 23:05 01 Oct 04

I have been with AOL for nearly the last 3 years and of this time I have been on AOL Broadband for 18 months with NO problems.
If it is properly set up I can't see what the problem is.

ej_clan 23:13 01 Oct 04

I have used AOL for 2 years and would'nt use anything else now. I have mine linked via a router to 3 Pc's Spot On!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…