AOL connection problems

STREETWORK 12:15 01 Aug 05

My friend has just installed AOL broadband using the BT Voyager 105.

Win 2000
Sony Vio Laptop

This installed fine and appears to be working.

The problem comes when trying to connect to aol.

AOL provided the username and password and when signing in it reports a 676 error. When using the AOL diagnostics it fails to connect, so no diagnostic can be carried out.

The taskbar shows that the modem is connected with green double arrows.

AOL ran through the normal routine but failed to find a solution.

Any ideas out there?

mattyc_92 12:17 01 Aug 05

Go to "Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs" and click onto "AOL Conectivity Service. Click the "Add/Remove" Button and select "Repair".

Restart the system to make sure the changes are complete, and try again.

mattyc_92 12:18 01 Aug 05

Sorry, supposed to be "Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs" for Win2k

STREETWORK 12:22 01 Aug 05
  mattyc_92 12:23 01 Aug 05

No, it should be entered as "screenname" with NO (that is your e-mail address)

The password is case senstive (I believe), so "abc123" ISN'T the same as "ABC123"....

stlucia 13:35 01 Aug 05

When I had a similar problem recently, I followed the advice given by mattyc except I removed AOL Connectivity Service instead of repairing it (at AOL techie's suggestion). That forced it to reinstall it when I next went to connect, and connection was then okay.

petecock 17:30 01 Aug 05

if its for the initial sign on we had this problem try launching inter exp and signing on with that

try this here, click here
this shows you in detail to get connected without the software..hope it helps. regards akanic

STREETWORK 09:28 02 Aug 05

Thanks for all help, in the end it was BT and a fault on the line (so they say)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…