AOL Connection Problem Internet Light Flashes

RobCharles1981 18:31 24 Jun 07

I have the Netgear DG834 with the latest firmware installed, every now and then when I'm surfing the net the internet light flashes to amber for a few moments before going back to solid green anyone else sufferd this problem?

gudgulf 18:49 24 Jun 07

Yes,I have noticed the same thing.

I'm located in Lancashire.

Haven't got a clue what's going on though.........it's the first time in 3 years with AOL that the connection has been less than 100% reliable.

RobCharles1981 18:58 24 Jun 07

Not much Joy i Livehelp they are useless.

stlucia 20:16 24 Jun 07

The connectivity software has just been updated -- could that have anything to do with it? I'm using the standard wired BT Voyager modem, and have no problems before or after the upgrade.

RobCharles1981 20:20 24 Jun 07

I don't use the AOL Software I just connect via the router.

Miros 21:27 24 Jun 07

Seems OK here, South Manchester.

They have warned about an imminent upgrade but I don't think it has been done yet

gudgulf 21:44 24 Jun 07

Mines been ok today too........it has been very erratic over the last few days though.

Maybe it's something to do with the speed upgrades they are promising.

That will need work at my local exchange, so perhaps it is *work in progress*.

Miros 12:51 26 Jun 07

Today Tuesday.

My AOL mail is slow spasmodic in either my web mail or ordinary AOL mail. thought the internet is fine.

Never known it like this, I'm hoping it's something to do with the threatened upgrade, and nothing to do with the recent acquisition by another server, who's name escapes me for the minute.

Miros 12:53 26 Jun 07

Sorry should check my post more closely, should be though not thought in :

My AOL mail is slow spasmodic in either my web mail or ordinary AOL mail. thought the internet is fine

RobCharles1981 12:58 26 Jun 07

When I go into Live help and explain that my connection "is Droping" they are totaly useless.

Miros 14:15 26 Jun 07

Sorry haven't had that problem, it was just slow to load, and occasionally unavailable, but didn't drop connections.

Just tried again and all seems well again. Maybe just a blip in service. I hope!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now