Aol connection problem

cheapskate2k 17:50 08 Feb 03

Since I did a repair of XP aol refuses to connect. It will dial up and "connect to the network" but wont logon. Any ideas?? Im stumped, I havent tried another isp but I fear the result would be the same. I can access the same account on another pc fine.

Chris

Djohn 18:16 08 Feb 03

cheapskate2k, if you have the aol CD, then install over the top it will not alter your settings except the ones that are corrupt.

Choose the option of renewing same account, or words to that effect, and you will be asked to dial back in and then aol will auto reset your connections. J.

cheapskate2k 12:46 09 Feb 03

I reinstalled aol, even went to the lengths of repairing xp. When I go to options in ie6 I cant configure a new dial up so the problem probably lies there. Also I cant find the aol dial up in my network settings.

Djohn 12:51 09 Feb 03

cheapskate2k, the dial up is configured by aol themselves, as part of the installation, and there is no need for you to do it via IE6.

cheapskate2k 12:57 09 Feb 03

Yeah I know that but I cant find it anywhere on the pc, like it hasnt even installed it when I installed aol. Anyway its all hypothetical now because I gave and did a clean install of xp and that sorted the problem. It was a bit ott but I have two copies of xp on my system so I just backed everything up. Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…