Aol connection problem

DMAN 15:31 23 Jul 06

Hi,

Really weird problem I have with my aol broadband gold connection. Everytime I try to connect it gets to stage 5 in the connection process and then stops giving some message that it is unable to connect.

I unistalled the software and then reinstalled it and it worked. I could connect. The problem occurs though when I try to reconnect. It will again hang in stage 5 giving the same message. It is strange that I the only way i can make it work is by reinstalling the software each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

realist 12:12 24 Jul 06

There was a widespread problem with AOL on Sunday affecting many users in the way you describe.
All seems back to normal today though.

kdt 12:29 24 Jul 06

i also had problem yesterday back to normal today. yesterday though i had to go to windows which sorted out the network but there was problem in the evening but around 11 pm last night ok.

rdave13 17:19 24 Jul 06

Same here, my download speed was slower than my upload speed yesterday.Bit fed up with AOL at the moment thinking of migrating to zen.

kdt 18:32 24 Jul 06

just signed on again and they seem to be having trouble with their home page or are they redoing it. using i.e.now

realist 19:03 24 Jul 06

AOL Silver homepage and d/l speeds as per normal tonight

Jak_1 19:59 24 Jul 06

The problem was cot confined to AOL, virtually all isp's were having the same problem. Orage was affected as was talktalk that I know of and BT Yahoo.

Surmise the cause to be either the unusually high temps we are having causing server probs or a malicious DOS attack! Though I could be wrong, lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced