AOL Closedown

StevieB77 19:11 08 Aug 04

Everytime I closedown my computer I get a message saying 'End Program - AOLDIAL.EXE', then I have to 'end the program'. I have tried reinstalling AOL but it still happens. Can anyone help?

Graham ® 19:27 08 Aug 04

My first port of call would be AOL. Go to keyword Live Help.

livewire 19:33 08 Aug 04

Aol- How unsurpising.......

Have you tried re-installing the AOL Software?

Also, have you made sure that you have fully disconnected from the internet before shutting down the system?

StevieB77 19:47 08 Aug 04

Yes I have tried re-installing and as far as I know the internet connection is closed after I have logged off AOL.

I can now understand your comment 'how surprising', one of the most annoying things about AOL is that I cant use MS outlook. Earlier today I helped set up a relative on the internet (wanadoo) and that can use outlook no problems. I think I will be changing soon. Anyone recommend the best ISP for broadband?

CHAIRLEG 19:48 08 Aug 04

I get this message as well but not all the time.it as only started since i upgraded from aol dial up to aol bb.dial up modem is disconnected.I click end now and i don't seem to have any problems.Fingers crossed.

livewire 19:50 08 Aug 04

You can use AOL with Outlook 2002. Instructions on the way....

Also, do you have a BT Voayger 105 modem? If you go to AOL Keyword Broadband Drivers you should make sure you are using the most up to date drivers.

livewire 19:54 08 Aug 04

Take a look at click here

replace imap.aol.com and smtp.aol.com with:
imap.uk.aol.com and smtp.uk.aol.com

:) Hope that helps

bertiecharlie 19:56 08 Aug 04

It seems to be a fairly common problem when you move from dialup to broadband. If you have moved to broadband, like Chairleg, all you need to do is disable "aoldial" from your start up programmes using msconfig.

CHAIRLEG 20:02 08 Aug 04

bertiecharlie.
Thanks will do.

Jade 14 G 20:15 08 Aug 04

I have the same as you, l just got used to it in the end, l am on dial up as ntl are not doing Broardband yet

Ant_W 20:26 08 Aug 04

Steve,
AOLDial.exe is a new feature for AOL 9, that allows you to access the internet, without using the AOL software. I too get this 'End Program' error box occasionally, and the best thing you can do is just ignore it. I know for a fact that you can't stop the AOLDial.exe from loading, because it's an integral part of the new AOL Software. You can access the AOL Dialer Preferences by going to the Sign On Screen and clicking 'Sign On Options' and then 'Dialler Settings'. In there are a few settings you might be able to muck around with!

Hope That Helps,

Ant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…