ronroam 00:47 22 Oct 05

Intermittently my AOL browser tries to access a website and the attempt times out after 'hanging'.

Yesterday I went onto the (emc) website and clicked their opt out of their tracker cookie.Could this be linked?

My Mozilla Firefox browser seems to work OK.

Any ideas?

CurlyWhirly 01:15 22 Oct 05

I get the same thing happening when I use the AOL browser so I have decided to transfer my favourite websites listing into either Firefox or Internet Explorer and ditch the AOL browser.

I get this happening loads of times while on PCA as I get a 'Session is expired' error message and the only solution I have found is to log off and then log in again.

When I use IE or FF I *don't* get these errors.
Also on some websites when I attempt to open certain 'active content' like a online video for example, the webpage just refreshes.

Sorry it isn't a solution to your problem but it's the only solution I know!

DANZIG 02:10 22 Oct 05

How do you transfer all your faves into another browser?

ronroam 02:51 22 Oct 05

Thanks for your comments Curly. The symptoms that you've described fit mine to a T, which in a way gives some reassurance. I thought there might be some spyware lurking but guess not; it is hey ho hell again.

CurlyWhirly 03:10 22 Oct 05

DANZIG - I don't know of a quick way to transfer my favourites into Firefox and Internet Explorer and I am in the process of doing it.
It doesn't help that I have hundreds of entries.

I just plod along and will eventually complete the task ;0)

ronroam - No I don't think you have any spyware on your PC as if you experience the same symptoms as me then it is down to the AOL browser.

I forgot one more symptom I get is that *sometimes* if a web page times out, if I attempt to close it, the AOL browser crashes which is most annoying.

Snec 09:31 22 Oct 05
  CurlyWhirly 14:27 22 Oct 05

Thanks for the link as it worked and I only have Firefox to do now ;0)

splork 14:45 22 Oct 05

That will take no time at all - start Firefox,click File menu and select Import. It will import all your newly transferred Internet Explorer favourites

CurlyWhirly 15:30 22 Oct 05

Very helpful and I now have Firefox complete as well. Thanks ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…