AOL broadband wont install

Daddycheese 20:35 02 Aug 03

I've just been connected to Aol bb, using ntl cabling. The install went ok until the "Select your connection" point, where the menu gives the options as "aOL BB connection, Modem( phone line)or TCP/IP, LAN or ISP. AOL BB did not appear. I tried both remaining options,but it came back something like "error in network device", retry 3 times then contact AOL.A legthy discussion saw me click Run,enter "command", "ipconfig".Where the AOL rep was expecting to see yes or no following a line regarding IP Address, there was a series of numbers, 169.254.101.152 on Local Area Conn6, and 169.254.248.168 on LAC7.After trying her best at her end, the rep concluded that the pc configuration was at fault, and to contact the manufacturer for advice. Before doing that I thought I would try here. I have a Medion pc,Pent 4, running XP. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Djohn 20:43 02 Aug 03

Not sure if it's the same for cable, but AOL do support connection via NTL.

I think the option you need is "AOL Broadband Modem" Although it says modem, it doesn't mean the same as a dial-up modem. Give it a try and see how you get on. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…