AOL Broadband will not run with VIA Evesham new co

preacher2 11:18 06 Feb 03

After asking Evesham I updated the drivers for my Via KT400 motherboard with USB2, this is a new computer which arrived 3 weeks ago
On attempting to have AOL adsl, I had problems loading the BT software for the modem, the updated drivers solved this and the Aol software loaded without problem
But when you start the broadband it works for first contact and then locks with the error message " Init package not acknowledged"
AOL helpline said VIA chipsets do not like broadband, change your motherboard.
If anyone has any ideas or if they have a Evesham 2400SK athlon and have broadband, can you tell me your ISP provider and any problemds you have had
Computer works fine.

Lozzy 11:23 06 Feb 03

Thats new one on me.. Never heard of a motherboard not liking Broadband.. Broadband is a carrier nothing to do with Motherboards its only the drivers in my opinion that could be the issue here.. Hopefully some AOL guru will be able to assist you..

leo49 11:28 06 Feb 03

Via chipsets can present problems with USB BB - what modem have you got? - it's usually a question of finding the right driver/physical installation of the modem combo.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…