AOL broadband sharing

Grantrh 09:21 02 Dec 04

I want to share my AOL broadband connection (just web browsing) between 2 PC's using analogx proxyi.

Do I need to install proxyi on both machines or just the host machine?

Do I need to install AOL 9 on both machines or just the host machine.

I think it is just the host machine for both of the above. Am I right?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 10:30 02 Dec 04

Recently shared AOL myself and used the AOL 9 cd to install the AOL software on the second machine. Believe there is an option one of the first menus from the CD taht offers the correct installation for setting it up as a second PC on same AOL account. Don't remember having to set up proxy i on the second one.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:10 06 Dec 04

Sharing OK?

Grantrh 16:38 06 Dec 04

Hi thanks for your help.

I was installing it for a friend - who didn't have an ADSL modem capable of handling AOL or the AOL 9 CD to install it from (yes I know you can download it) so I didn't get anywhere near that stage unfortunately.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:45 17 Dec 04

No problem

Diemmess 20:08 17 Dec 04

Experienced this day, the joy of trying to reinstall everything on one computer in one room and searching for downloads on another in the next room. Both BB, both Aol, but different accounts.

One would be going nicely when I forgot and switched on the other.

In short it was necessary to pull the telephone connection from one while tinkering with the second computer if both had to be on at the same time.

At its simplest, without other controls, a second computer coming alive will stop access to the net for both.

Diemmess 20:10 17 Dec 04

Sorry for the irrelevant post, should have read your question properly!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:25 28 Dec 04

Able to progress with the sharing for your friend?

Grantrh 23:38 28 Dec 04

Er no I haven't tried, I haven't seen him for a month.
I wouldn't hold your breath on this one!

Merry Christmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…