Aol Broadband networking.

Stuarthouston 22:34 13 May 04

I have an AOL 600k broadband service, coming through the NTL lines. Does anyone know if i can network the PCs which i use on this coneection? As both are wi-fi enabled and i would like to make use of this.
Cheers, Stuart.

Diodorus Siculus 16:23 15 May 04

Yes and yes.

You can network them; whether or not AOL allows this, I am not sure.

It can be done wirelessly too.

Satmansq 16:33 15 May 04

AOL has apparently begun to allow internet connection sharing in AOL 9, previous versions of AOL will not permit this.

If however you do not wish to use ICS, AOL does not affect networking.

Satmansq 16:34 15 May 04

Which idiot didnt read the title properly

Stuarthouston 22:41 15 May 04

Cheers satmansq, do you have any idea how i would be able to set this up? I have AOL 9 and have the money to buy a router so would like to get it up and running asap. Any ideas would be much appreciated. -Stuart

IMAGEDKTR1 23:06 15 May 04

re aol and home networking , yes with aol 9 you can home network and use diff pcs at the same time to connect to the broadband network using diff screen names . its easy to do and set up as well the only problem you may well have is finding an aol compatible router that will allow it. the main problem is that aol uses dynamic ip addresses (they change every time you sign on) and most routers allow for only static ip addys which never change. that said aol do reccomend and support the Thompson speed touch 510 which is compatible. for more info and advice use keyword home networking and click the how to buy button it will give all the advice you need.

Stuarthouston 23:10 15 May 04

Cheers imagedktr1, ill check that out. ill leave this open for discussion if anyone else hasany more ideas.

Stuarthouston 23:10 15 May 04

Cheers imagedktr1, ill check that out. ill leave this open for discussion if anyone else hasany more ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now