AOL Broadband, LAN etc

BlackSapphire 10:28 02 Aug 04

Has anyone got AOL Broadband Silver? if so, are you using it with more than one phone? I have my computer upstairs, the phoneline is an extension from the main phone. Initial use was fine, but over the last few weeks I kept getting beeps on the phone itself and when I picked it up it was like the old fashioned fax noise and roaring static - now over the weekend this has started happening on the outgoing calls too. BT have tested the line and say its fine, yet on screen I regularly get a message saying LAN 4 - a local network cable is unplugged and the arrows go to brown instead of green - but nothing is unplugged and then the green arrows come back on again - what is happening, does anyone know?? - in the words of Mr Spock it is not logical! I can usually track down the problem but when you can't see where it is - you can't, it's driving me mad.

Thanks in adnvance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…