AOL Broadband & ICS

Iftikhar-335486 13:00 18 May 03

I have two desktops with WindowsXP and will network with a cross-over cable. I am thinking of buying a Linksys-G Broadband Router and a PCI adapter card. I understand that AOL would not allow ICS.
Will his arrangement work?

howard60 19:44 18 May 03

for 2 pcs you just need a network card in each connected together by a crossover cable. if you want to connect more than 2 you will need a router/switch. the pc with the broadband connection needs to have ics enabled do not set ics on for the other pc just make the floppy in the bb pc and run it in the other one. make sure you run a firewall when you get bb

Iftikhar-335486 16:37 19 May 03

I forgot to mention a wandering laptop. A wireless network would be ideal. I would like all the computers to be able access the internet. My current ADSL modem is USB and this type would not allow packetting where a router comes in. BT is already selling such broadband modem/routers and I wonder if this arrangement will work with AOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…