AOL Broadband down in price

Graham ® 12:49 19 May 04

Just as I was about to ask AOL if they would 'price-match' a competitor, or I would move my business elsewhere, they bring the price down! From £27:99 to £24:99.

I wonder if others have had the same thoughts, and forced the move?

pj123 12:59 19 May 04

Graham ®. That is uncanny. I have just noticed that as well. I have just rung a friend who is on AOL dialup to tell him the same thing. AOL have also added another option of a 5x BB for £19.99 as well.

stlucia 13:06 19 May 04

... and their 1Mb option has also come down to £29.99. But why haven't their customers been bombarded with emails announcing these changes? Or are they going to bill us the old rate until we ask? Thanks for alerting us, Graham ®

Graham ® 13:08 19 May 04

The news is on the front page when you sign on.

stlucia 08:45 20 May 04

Now you see it, now you don't! Normally I go straight into my email, so don't see anything but the first of the flashing headlines. But now that you mention it, I've looked for it and seen it, thanks.

jimmacroo 11:07 20 May 04

After reading these emails I called BTInternet sales who state that the price for broadband (with email addresses and storage) is still 29.95 and to upgrade to 1 meg would be £40 a month.

OU812 17:01 29 May 04

When I spoke to AOL in Feb this yr to tell them I was going to cancel (I planned to move to 5X Plusnet or 3X Tiscali) I was immediatly offered 512kps Broadband for £19.99 a month (as opposed to a then £27.99 a month) . They also offered me a free month of dial up to think about it.

The magic words where Tiscali whom AOl where clearly taking on re their 3X broadband which costs(cost?) the same as AOl dial up.

The decision to stay with AOL was therefore a no brainer and I have to say I have been pleased with the service thus far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…