AOL BROADBAND CONNECTION PROBLEM SOLVED

Beaujolais 00:03 12 Feb 03

Hi everyone

AOL Help Desk advise me that many Windows XP users have difficulty in connecting to AOL Broadband. I have a BT Voyager USB Modem and despite downloading the latest XP drivers (Version 2.3) it still did not connect. Both lights on the modems were green to indicate that modem was working correctly. The problem occurred when inserting the AOL v 7.0 CD. I only ever got the option of selecting the connection methods:
1) Modem (telephone line connections); &
2) TCP/IP: LAN or ISP

instead of "DSL:Digital Subscriber Line."

AOL Help Desk suggested downloading "Windows XP Service Pack 1" which I have just done via a free CD from a PC magazine. Hey presto it works! Inserting the AOL Broadband CD now gives the option of selecting "DSL:Digital Subscriber Line" and I am now able to complete the AOL Broadband connection.

So, if you have a similar problem to me and are a Windows XP user, try installing "Windows XP Service Pack 1" first. If you are unsure as to what version of XP you have, right click on "My Computer", then click on Properties (this will display what version you currently have).

Many thanks to those of you who responded to my initial posting of the problem - in particular, ""faichfolds", "Kyomii" & "graham".

faichfolds 00:08 12 Feb 03

Hope you enjoy the speed.
All the best
Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…