Aol broadband

nobrain 09:49 29 Aug 03

Hi i have only been with Aol for 3 months do you think if i call them up and say i am getting broadband with someone else they will give me that £19,99 deal ?i am on the slow one ,any time.Someone here said try it but i think he been with Aol for ages.many thanks.

kortical Implant 09:57 29 Aug 03

dont think it mattters how long you have been with aol for as 3 months is an ok ammount of time.

you can only give it a try

post back with how you got on

pj123 10:56 29 Aug 03

Read this thread click here then talk to djohn. He will put you right.

nobrain 11:06 29 Aug 03

Called them but they need the last 4 digits of credit card and card is out shopping ! so will try again later,scottish guy answered call after long wait, couldnt understand most of what he said as usuall aol staff are from Bombay and can understand them more!

RobbyD2 11:24 29 Aug 03

Seeing as you signed up to a 12 month contract they will probably point you to the termination clause, and say that if you want to leave, fine you can but first you must pay off the balance of your contract.

RobbyD2 11:26 29 Aug 03

Apologies, just read your post again. Thought you were already on broadband.

In that case, I would phone them up, and say you want broadband and you could get it for "x" with whoever. Then see what they say. Good luck!

Djohn 11:27 29 Aug 03

You may not be offered the deal, being with them for such a short time. It's no good asking for the offer, officially it does not exist, but if you go through the cancellations dept. to end your account, they may offer you the deal rather than lose you as a customer. Good luck. j.

Djohn 11:31 29 Aug 03

Before you call them. How many hours each day do you spend on-line?

nobrain 11:57 29 Aug 03

seems i am online most of the day ! i should think about 8 hours as its so slow !!but i on anytime so wouldnt think that would make any diference to them about saying i am a high user .Who shall i say i want to go with ? i can say i got a modem cause i think they will say i will have to pay for that on a different broadband .

Djohn 12:16 29 Aug 03

The reason I asked is that they are more likely to make the offer if you are a high user! I think you may have a problem though, if you are already on a monthly account, then you are tied into a 12 month contract. So although they will allow you to up-grade without penalty, they will almost certainly hold you to the contract you already have, should you wish to go to another ISP. Regards. j.

Djohn 13:18 29 Aug 03

If you feel you need a little more help with this, please post back, or contact me direct by e-mail, many people do and I always help to the best of my ability. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…