AOL blocking legitimate emails

DieSse 20:39 28 Jul 03

Has anyone come across any of their friends/family in Spain, with Wanadoo as an ISP, having their emails rejected quote "due to the high volume of spam from this ISP"

I had an email to -pops- returned - twice on seperate days, so no transient co-incidence. Plua I've had two other clients so far with the same problem.

This is totally outrageous - and there isn't even a link on their rejection message to complain about ths high-handed treatment.

Wanadoo (who own Freeserve) are probably the largest ISP in Europe!

Can any AOL users tackle them about this please.

Djohn 20:43 28 Jul 03

I'm willing to give AOL a call, but not quite sure as to what you want me to ask them! j.

3tg 20:54 28 Jul 03

I am having the same trouble with my emails to Hawaii and Cyprus via Bt.They are being returned. I have posted for help here but I haven't got very far. My English ones are ok.

DieSse 20:57 28 Jul 03

They are blocking all emails from Wanadoo in Spain - many people use Wanadoo (Freeserve in the UK) to keep in touch, and all their emails(and mine - I use them too) are being rejected.

Please ask them to stop doing so.

3tg 20:58 28 Jul 03

the exact words are " Due to spam your IP range has been blocked (code bl-2254) Contact postmaster for details. How does one contact the postmaster???. CHeers

Diemmess 21:00 28 Jul 03

Like Djohn,..... can you say how Aol fits into the problem?

DieSse 21:01 28 Jul 03

Which ISP are these emails to?

DieSse 21:02 28 Jul 03

The title says it all

Djohn 21:05 28 Jul 03

Ok loggig off now to give them a call.Meanwhile I have sent you my address, so you can try a test e-mail to me. Regards. j.

3tg 21:05 28 Jul 03

To a hotel chain in Hawaii,, my friend works there and I cannot get an eamil to her, I have suceeded through Hotmail. My friend in Cyprus telephoned me to say she has her mail to me returned. Cheers

DieSse 21:29 28 Jul 03

Yes but what ISP is it??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…