AOL ADSL account email sharing

RDG 13:39 03 Jan 07

Can anyone tell me if you have two users utilising separate Windows accounts and two different email addresses on AOL can the Administrator read incoming or outgoing emails from the other account ?

Many thanks as always

RDG.

Jackcoms 13:44 03 Jan 07

If the two different users password-protect their Windows log-in and each user doesn't know the other user's password, the answer to your question is no.

If the log-ins are NOT password protected, any Administrator can use either account and is free to see everything that takes place in both accounts.

RDG 14:01 03 Jan 07

Jackcoms thank you for your speedy reply which is much appreciated.

Yes both users use password-protected log-ins and I assume that again the Administrator cannot find the other users password on the Hard Drive ?

You will appreciate from the question we are suspicious that the Administrator has been reading the other users email and this has prompted the question.

Another oddity which happened is that the second user received email destined for the Administrator. Any ideas of how that could ever happen ?

Thanks again

RDG.

Jackcoms 14:13 03 Jan 07

"Yes both users use password-protected log-ins and I assume that again the Administrator cannot find the other users password on the Hard Drive ?"

I wouldn't have thought so.

"Another oddity which happened is that the second user received email destined for the Administrator. Any ideas of how that could ever happen ?"

No idea. I assume that the 2 users have completely separate e-mail addresses and each uses an e-mail client (such as Outlook Express) from within their own account/log-in?

If there is also concern about the Administrator gaining access to the other user's Word; Excel, etc documents, it might be wise to password-protect those as well.

RDG 16:20 03 Jan 07

Many thanks for your help Jackcoms I'd still be interested to hear however if anyone else has ever suspected their email is being read by the Administrator.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac