//some 3rd party need geo

AOL Address Book

Chiel 05:47 03 Jan 03
  Chiel 05:47 03 Jan 03

Is there a way to SAVE all details so that if I change from AOL as ISP I do not lose all details of my contacts?

Djohn 09:54 03 Jan 03

There is probably a better way, but for the moment all I can think of is to open your address book (AOL) and also your address book from IE. then copy and paste!

Stokey 10:38 03 Jan 03

Unfortunately with AOL, it can't be done. Their system is peculiar to them and your information is held at their end. Straight copying will not work due to the code they use.

It's one of the features that keep a lot of us with AOL as changing to another ISP would be a proper pain if we wanted to keep our hundred's of favourites and email address book contacts.

The only way you can do it is manually by clicking on your favourites one by one, then clicking edit and copy and paste the site address to notepad ready for transferring later.
I know that in my case, such an exercise would take days but one day..........

colberly 13:15 03 Jan 03

The only other way I can see is to print out all contacts, which can be done by opening your AOL address book and then clicking on print, then either print selected contacts or print all contacts. At least you will then have a copy if need be.

Chiel 17:08 03 Jan 03

Many, many THANKS to DJOHN,STOKEY and Colberly for taking a weight off my mind; a more helpful response than from some *!^* so-called 'Tec Support' sites, - and cheaper!

Chiel 17:08 03 Jan 03

Many, many THANKS to DJOHN,STOKEY and Colberly for taking a weight off my mind; a more helpful response than from some *!^* so-called 'Tec Support' sites, - and cheaper!

Stokey 21:43 03 Jan 03

It's our pleasure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…