AOL 9 Beta -P retty Good

holly polly 19:17 25 Sep 03

Gday folks just reporting my observations of the latest aol browser {beta 9) though the welcome screen is pretty plain ,no problems encounted as of yet ,will keep you all informed -hol pol ...

Mango Grummit 20:16 25 Sep 03

Cheers holly polly, going to leave it to you and djohn for a bit, coward that I am.

Djohn 20:22 25 Sep 03

Good job I'm on B/B ;o[

crisp1 20:36 25 Sep 03

Got aol 9 beta i think its terrible it keeps locking up throwing me of line . i have gone back to aol 8

holly polly 20:38 25 Sep 03

no problems noted everything a ok-hol pol..

Djohn 20:49 25 Sep 03

Yes, it is a little unstable at the mo. Besides the four up-dates in the past week or so, [Full download] I have needed to download [Again, full download] on six other occasions due to lock-up's

The Sack 22:26 25 Sep 03

i think the word Beta gives the game away.

Djohn 22:37 25 Sep 03

Yep, I know, but I do a lot of Beta testing for AOL and with B/B it takes only 12 to 14 minutes to download. I was mentioning the amount of updates that beta requires in it's first few months for the benefit of people on Dial-up. [3 to 4 hour download] j.

Cesar 09:17 26 Sep 03

I hope in AOL Beta (9.0) they have done away with AOL Companion it's a real pain in the neck.

Djohn 11:03 26 Sep 03

Just right click on it and choose exit and not to show on next boot. This will remove the "pain in your neck" thing from your desktop :o)

Cesar 10:20 27 Sep 03

Thanks I went the long way around and cleared the check box in the startup menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…