AOL 8.0 Upgrade

NadineCoyleRocks 12:03 18 Mar 03

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help.

I would like to upgrade my current AOL to the latest version (8.0). I am told that I need to enter keyword Upgrade to download the software but I would much prefer to download it over my companies 128k internet connection rather than my 56k at home. Is there anyway of downloading this upgrading other than dialling into AOL first???

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Mart

stlucia 12:21 18 Mar 03

I'm sure they'll send you a CD if you ask. Much easier than downloading it at work and then having to copy it to take it home.

Ben Avery (Work) 12:35 18 Mar 03

I'm sure that if you wait for about...oooohh....5 minutes, they'll begin sending you 50 cd's a week through the post!

If so click here

Regards

BA

NadineCoyleRocks 12:38 18 Mar 03

Ha! Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing!!

colberly 12:51 18 Mar 03

Unless you live in the US AOL8 is not quite ready as yet for the UK. According to their website they are still sending out copies of version 7.

two00lbwaster 12:56 18 Mar 03

oh you cant it should be out in a few weeks/months by the look of it

i went to aol8 which was the chance for beta testing the software and they sent out the disk as well to the address oyou provided. it seems that we are close to launch and theyve pulled beta testing

two00lbwaster 12:58 18 Mar 03

oh you cant it should be out in a few weeks/months by the look of it

i went to aol8 which was the chance for beta testing the software and they sent out the disk as well to the address oyou provided. it seems that we are close to launch and theyve pulled beta testing

so wait about and you'll be able to get it from the usual places

Djohn 14:07 18 Mar 03

Beta 8 is available on CD, If you contact the Test team and apply to join, You will receive information from them.

I can confirm that AOL8 is a vast improvement on 7 both in it's interface and product content.

If you join the testing team please be aware that you will be required to download updates via your internet connection at quite frequent intervals.

Last week I received my second CD and installed the complete program, only to find that the following day I needed to do a 5 hour download to update once again. This week, (Monday) I again completed another 5 hour download of the latest update.

I believe there are several more months of testing before the final version will be ready for release, as the version I am currently testing has many features not yet enabled, let alone tested.

If you are testing a version of 8, then take in to consideration that as soon as an update is released, then shortly afterwards, (Some times a Few days, other times weeks) the version you have, is switched off and you will lose all use of it.

The testing is quite satisfying and not difficult, although you are required to send detailed reports of any problems you come across, and then AOL will search your hard drive, (With your knowledge, and permission), to determine any and all programs running at the time to enable them to find the fault. Regards. J.

he he :-)™ 17:25 18 Mar 03

every time they update to a new revision if u ring them up and speak nicely the'll send u out a cd that day. ur version wont run out foe a while.

Djohn 17:40 18 Mar 03

As your post came up, I received an e-mail at the same time, informing me that one of the versions is to sunset on Thursday, fortunately not the one I downloaded yesterday.

he he :-)™ 17:45 18 Mar 03

yeah i just got that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…