AOL 576 wireless router trouble?

calcoos 15:13 29 Jul 07

i have seen alot of posts on the internet aout people having problems with their aol 576 routers and not being able to set them up properly. I was one of these people until i found ut how to do it. I am posting here so that people who had the same problem as me can fix it.. hopefully :).

1. IGNORE the AOL setup CD!

2.type in on your computer that is connected physically to the router in your internet explorer: speedtouch.lan

3.make sure your wireless devices are on!

4. go to the home networking tab on the left.

5. go to the link which says wireless (WLAN)and click on it. once do look on the top right of the screen for a configure link.

6. In this menu set your wep key length to 64 or choose no security! this is crucial as the 128bit key will never work due to a glitch! if you set a WEP key write it down (useful for later)ignore all other options.

7. now go back to home networking.then wireless (WLAN) and there will be a link at the bottom that says search for wireless devices. If your devices are on they will be found and as far as i can remember be atomatically registered.

8.then input the WEP into yur wireless devices and you should be connected to the router!

Hope this helped and was a useful first post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…