aol 4156.911

alan2k1 14:13 09 Nov 05

however i try to install aol 9 cd or download i get and error message 4156.911a client version has encountered a problem and needs to close

this is a brand new install of xp pro

any ideas

thanks alan

flyingbrit 15:34 09 Nov 05

SameerRaven: Welcome to Member Help Interactive. Please present your question, and I will be with you in just a moment. :)
SameerRaven: Thank you for calling in to Live Help!! I may be with some other members at the moment, please state your query and I will be with you as soon as possible :-)
SameerRaven: Hi! How may I help you today?
jplummer: can you tell me(for a friend) what this means when trying to install aol 9... 4156.911a client version has encountered a problem and needs to close
SameerRaven: ok
jplummer: he is running a new install of xp pro
SameerRaven: If i understand the issue correctly then your friend in unable to login to the internet is that correct?
jplummer: yes
SameerRaven: Can i please know the version of AOL and windows that your friend has?
jplummer: aol 9 and xp pro
SameerRaven: I would like to inform you that this error occours when some of the AOL files have gone corrupt
SameerRaven: I would suggest that to resolve the issue
SameerRaven: Please uninstall and reinstall AOL on the system
SameerRaven: but
SameerRaven: remember to backup the files that are already on the system.
SameerRaven: I have an e-mail designed specificially for that problem. I'll send that to you immediately. Follow the instructions in that e-mail and if you have any further problems then please do come back to us.
jplummer: thankyou
I'll send it to you whenI get it.....britsdad

flyingbrit 15:42 09 Nov 05

The e-mail was too big for here so I took the liberty of e-mailing it to you(hope you don't mind)hope it helps....britsdad

alan2k1 15:45 09 Nov 05

thanks for that but aol is not installed as soon as you put the disk in and it auto runs this fault occurs so i dont ever get to the screen to allow me to attempt to install aol exactly the same thing occurs when i download aol 9 from aol

thanks alan

flyingbrit 15:50 09 Nov 05

did you get the e-mails?

flyingbrit 15:52 09 Nov 05

have you had aol on before,after you re-installed xp?

alan2k1 15:57 09 Nov 05

yer go email thanks

no aol has never been on its a clean install xp pro sp2

flyingbrit 16:05 09 Nov 05

can't think of any reason why aol won't load....unless there is a problem with your pc. You could try an earlier version, ie.aol 8 then update it if it works, that's what I did(but I never had a problem).Other than that I don't know.

alan2k1 16:08 09 Nov 05

hi thanks 4 your help

flyingbrit 16:22 09 Nov 05

no worries

Diemmess 16:38 09 Nov 05

Just for the record..... "a clean install xp pro sp2 "?

You do mean a new HDisk, from scratch, not an upgrade to XP from an earlier version of Windows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…