Anyway to crop video files

Sturmey 22:07 09 Jan 04

I have an .avi file that I would like to crop when I say crop I don't mean change the length of the video I mean crop like you would a still image to remove a portion of the image all together.

Is there a program that can do this I've found loads of utilities that can change the length of video file and add effects (movie maker,TMGenc) but nothing yet that does what I need.

Thanks

y_not 22:23 09 Jan 04

any of the video editing programmes will do this. Just drag them to the timeline, select the start point to be deleted, select the end point, highlight the section and delete.

Author as a .avi and thats it

Chegs ® 22:27 09 Jan 04

Simply take each frame,edit it in an image editor and return it back from whence it came.

I presume you mean to remove such as granda's teeth falling out mid film.

Worm of Doom 22:30 09 Jan 04

RAD Video Tools (click here) has a good crop facility and is free.

Sturmey 22:30 09 Jan 04

Sorry excuse my ignorance but editing each frame sounds a bit drastic there must be a faster way, or was that a joke :)

Chegs ® 22:36 09 Jan 04

Video editing on a PC takes ages anyway,but I wasn't joking.The only way I could think of was doing each frame.I have never tried it,but a video file is a mass of pics strung together,so it follows that editing each frame would have been the only way,until I saw Worm of Dooms post.Try RAD Video Tools.

Chegs ® 22:40 09 Jan 04

Just tried RAD,it will only edit "BINK" or "SMACKER" files,whatever they may be.

Worm of Doom 22:41 09 Jan 04

You have to use the "Convert a file" button to handle AVIs.

Chegs ® 22:44 09 Jan 04

I was just reading thru the help files and spotted that mate. :-)

GroupFC 23:08 09 Jan 04

For future reference!

Sturmey 00:02 10 Jan 04

Thanks RAD vid tools is good for what I wanted, it crops the image, haven't worked out how to get a preview of what the output file will look like tho, Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…