anything to stop me installing vista on a 2nd pc?

Bailey08787 14:15 27 Jun 08

Is there any kind of protection, activation, registration malarkey that will stop me installing vista premium oem on a second pc?

I've been given a 2nd pc, but it has xp on it - i would prefer to put vista on it - just wondering if its going to lock me out after 30 days or something if i try to install the vista i currently have installed on machine number one

thanks

xania 14:17 27 Jun 08

ALmost certainly will lock you out after 30 days. No version can go on to more than one PC and OEM versions are tied to the one machine/motherboard.

ventanas 14:22 27 Jun 08

Yep, If the Vista version on machine one is retail then you can install it on machine 2, provided that you first remove it from machine 1. It will probably fail to activate and you will have to explain over the phone what you have done.

If the Vista version on machine 1 was supplied with that machine (OEM) then it is tied to it. If the machine fails and is disposed of you must also dispose of the Vista dvd.

If you want Vista on both machines then you must buy a second RETAIL copy, not OEM, they may be cheaper but are not legal supplied this way and will probably fail validation. You will also need to obtain all necessary hardware drivers for the machine in question.

Bailey08787 14:31 27 Jun 08

can't i just download a product license off a peer to peer sharing site? :-)

(just kidding folks)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…