Anything special about cleaning a TFT monitor?

How do I clean my new TFT monitor? An exploratory "Touch" reveals it to be much softer than my old CFT monitior (think it was called a cft any way the front was glass!)
thanks!

Djohn 15:46 09 Apr 04

Just use a soft clean duster to remove any dust that accumulates over a period of time. Very light pressure.

If you do get any finger marks or other splodge on the screen, use a clean lint-free soft cloth dipped in a mild solution of soapy water and well wrung out. Wipe across the screen single light strokes and buff up with a clean soft dry cloth.

I've had my TFT for over 8 months now and only ever used a soft cloth to remove dust, but my sons laptop often needs a good clean to remove greasy marks and the above method works fine, leaves no streaks and no damage to the screen. j.

Thanks- I have a proprietary cleaner but wasn't sure if it would be ok to use it?

SANTOS7 15:49 09 Apr 04

click here this should give you the answer you look for [email protected]

thanks- that's great!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…