Anyone without spyware protection read this

TommyRed 20:54 16 Apr 04

Taken from the BBC site today click here TR

romanab 21:04 16 Apr 04

Only 28? this suprises me as I used to find ten to twelve every session before I got spywareblester and firefox so god knows what it would have been after three months!!!!!!!

TommyRed 21:04 16 Apr 04

Spybot-S & D 1.2 click here also Ad-Aware click here and SpywareBlaster click here , all free. HTH TR

Djohn 21:07 16 Apr 04

Just had a read of that Tommy. Frightening isn't it? Still, I should be OK with my new graphic card. ;o)

TommyRed 21:07 16 Apr 04

I checked my brothers and it and Ad-Aware found over 200, plus a Virus. All sorted with free programs. TR

TommyRed 21:09 16 Apr 04

I would think there'll be a great demand for a graphics card with built in AV, you mark my words one will be coming out of Japan shortly. LOL TR

bertiecharlie 21:12 16 Apr 04

I've been trying to get my sister and her boyfriend to get an appropriate programme to get rid of, and prevent, spyware. (I've got Pest Patrol). I've emailed your link to them so thank you. It's almost as if they are going to wait for something to happen, like many people I suppose, before taking it seriously.

TommyRed 21:21 16 Apr 04

Do they have an Anti-Virus program as well?, and just as important do they update it regularly? You'll notice on here forum members posting when updates are out for the various programs. TR

bertiecharlie 21:36 16 Apr 04

They have norton anti virus and mcafee firewall like me. We are both with AOL and the firewall comes with that. I only hope they have their norton set for automatic updates but I'm not sure. Bet if I asked them they wouldn't know. I've mentioned the subject two or three times but I think it's a case of "it will never happen to me." Hoping the article you highlighted will spur them into action.

TommyRed 21:59 16 Apr 04

Well that's a start, just work on them for the rest of the stuff. My brother couldn't understand how his home PC was so slow and erratic. I couldn't believe he had no working AV, he had an old NAV which he'd never updated. TR

VoG II 22:02 16 Apr 04

So Earthlink is scanning 'puters? Whose? Paranoia sets in...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…