Anyone using or have used Adwcleaner?.

spuds 12:37 04 Jan 14
Answered

Due to a problem with MySearchDial infecting my computer, I have downloaded Adwcleaner and found that this program was able to locate MySearchDial within the computer.

Following the instructions for removal of the offending MySearchDial, it seems to return. Going to General Changelog Team (Adwcleaner) for information seems to be counter productive, so I was wondering if any forum member uses or have used Adwcleaner with great success, and whether there are any pointers worth noting, on the use of Adwcleaner?.

Any help appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:11 04 Jan 14

Scan finds it

Delete should remove it after the PC has rebooted

If your getting reinfected then something you are downloading or some site you go to is reinfecting you. Adwcleaner is just a cleaner not a preventer.

Its also possible the infection could be hiding in system restore files so once cleaned switch off restore - reboot (this will remove all restore points to date)- switch restore back on again to create a new restore point

rdave13 14:30 04 Jan 14

It might work better in safe mode? Have a look at this guide
click here

rdave13 15:04 04 Jan 14

Sorry spuds just saw your other post. That adwcleaner might be a bit aggressive as Bleeping Computers have removed the download link they had.

rdave13 15:27 04 Jan 14

Another method to try is to run Rkill first then running a full scan with up-to-date Malwarebytes.

Scroll down for description and various download links.

spuds 19:15 04 Jan 14

Thanks guys

Since placing this post, and in between other things, I have been running SuperAntiSpyware on full scan (2/3 hours). It came up with an host of considerations and 'problems', including MySearchDial, PUP:CNET Installer in documents and settings, Trojan Agent's Gen-VB and Gen-Nullo in restore. Plus 58 tracking cookies.

So the mysteries is getting wider and longer, considering the computer isn't being used, while investigations are going on. So somewhere the problems are still embedded in the machine, even after 'clean or removal' by Adwcleaner, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes.

With Adwcleaner, the log report is actually showing that MySearchDial was removed from areas in document and settings within IE,Firefox and Chrome.

I am at present taking the restore point into consideration, and trying experiments there.

rdave13 19:40 04 Jan 14

How about running SAS in safe mode, seeing it picked it up?

spuds 20:13 04 Jan 14

rdave13

I'll give that a try, at present I am trying the restore removal and renew suggestion, but so far MySearchDial is still present on the computer.

rdave13 20:43 04 Jan 14

It looks as you've got a nasty rootkit virus according to a search on MySearchDial, PUP. TDSSKiller link for later on if everything else fails.

spuds 13:14 05 Jan 14
Answer

I tried the rootkit (Sophos?) procedure earlier, when the problem occurred, and nothing was found. Just done a download and check from the above link, and again all came back clear?.

I think I will tick this now due to the original request about Adwcleaner, and return to my other thread on the subject, if and when more comes to light.

Thanks again Fruit Bat and rdave13.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac