Anyone using free Comodo Internet Security suite?

Halmer 13:18 30 Jan 10

I have been using this for about six months now on all 3 PCs/Laptops in the house with no problem at all.

I ditched AVG and ZA after many years' of use due to a couple of issues and the sheer size that they have grown to.

My only worry about CIS is the robustness of its AV/Malware module, having read a few reviews which suggested using just the Comodo Firewall with say Avast. To date, however, I have not had any problems.

Anyone else have a view on CIS please?

provider 2 13:54 30 Jan 10

It`s difficult to know for sure since these comparative ratings change all the time.

click here

PC World puts it last in the top six, but maybe that`s good enough if you are not in the habit of visiting risky sites. On the other hand, perhaps it`s best to go for the top-rated anyway, in the free AV list.

Halmer 22:02 30 Jan 10

ity bump

rdave13 22:12 30 Jan 10

Up to you ultimately. If it works for your own particular web surfing then it will be good enough. You say you've been using it for six months or so without any problems.
Personally I wouldn't use any Comodo product. I was one of the first to recommend the firewall, years ago, on this forum but changed my mind when Commodo went over the top and became bloated.
Each to their own.

Input Overload 22:28 30 Jan 10

i have run it on a laptop for some time without any issues. the firewall has been rated best firewall in several reviews.

rdave13 23:20 30 Jan 10

Just found an old thread where I listed comodo as a good firewall then. Other antispyware programs that have had the boot such as adaware and a squared, avg antispyware (defunct), reg cleaner: registry mechanic and Opera; a lousy browser.

click here

Times change.

Halmer 10:09 31 Jan 10

for the views all.

I use K9 web protection too which is pretty good at identifying malware sites etc; Comodo flagged it as incompatible but I went ahead anyway and it works fine.

I don't tend to visit anything much other than BBC, PCA etc. so maybe it's enough.

To be doubly sure I suppose that I could use (say) Avira AV and uninstall the AV element of Comodo.

I also note that the most recent change logs for Comodo make reference to AV detection improvements so maybe the free product is improving.

orsta 11:42 31 Jan 10

I've been using CIS for a while no, without to much trouble. Like yourself i visit only a small number of web sites, eg BBC, PCA Comodo forums. I also use the WOT extension to Firefox which warns of potential bad web sites.

Every once in a while i will run an MBAM scan just to satisfy curiosity and to ensure my PC is clean.

CIS v4 is due out next month which hopefully will bring some improvements.

c

Halmer 11:46 31 Jan 10

version 4 is out in beta orsta yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now