Anyone using Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 7?

Effie 12:07 18 Nov 03

Although I used Via Voice for some time, I didnt find it very good especially for big college assignments etc.

Am now thinking of splashing out on the latest Dragon software but would appreciate others who are/have used this version who could tell me how it copes writing several thousand words and whether or not they could recommend it for college work?

Thanks again,

Octoz 13:19 18 Nov 03

I use this software a fair amount at work due to having limited admin support.
I find that once you are used to the program you can really rattle along. It is well worth taking your time to train it properly, it has a very user friendly interface and a comprehensive instruction book. As you have probably deduced, I am quite a fan and would heartily recommend it!
If you are using any version of Office XP check out the Dragon Website as you may need to tweak the Office speech recognition settings.
Buy it!

Effie 13:37 18 Nov 03

NO, I'm still using Windows 98 SE I'm afraid!

My main concern is how well does it perform on the same document when there are eventually several thousands of words as with my having to do a dissartation this year( Via voice used to slow up horrendously once it got to a few pages worth of work and take forever and a day when you needed to scroll down a page despite putting in extra memory on the system to compensate!)

Curio 19:35 18 Nov 03

Am using Dragon NS Preferred on Win98 SE and am having no problems. Train it well and get a good headset/microphone.
It works a treat for me. As Octoz says - Buy it!

Curio 20:31 18 Nov 03

Further to my last. Make sure your system meets the requirements of Dragon NS 7. Info is on the box if you go looking

I am currently on Dragon Preferred V.6 (I say currently because V.7 is on the Xmas list - Need i say more?)

Yes, it is great and no - it does not hog so much memory as Via Voice (Which has to load the whole document if I remember correctly - Dragon just looks after its own voice files and a save and exit backs up the user files ready for next time)

Effie 09:06 19 Nov 03

Your help is much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant