anyone using ACD systems Canvas 8

Ikelos 14:08 03 Feb 06

hi, anyone got the above? after messing for hours on end to install it, it gets to the "creating window" thingy, and that is it.

anyone any ideas...........thanks

jack 14:34 03 Feb 06

I assume you have registered as required by the on disk instructions?

Mine works fine.

Will pass more detail Yellow Envelope
if asked

Ikelos 14:54 03 Feb 06

jack. hi, Yes i got the serial number and it all seems to install, then when i click the icon to load it all, it stops at "creating window" i have run SFC just in case, and have uninstalled and reinstalled but still lands up the same.. I have had a look on their site, and the only thing about the "creating window" it goes on about a printer being connected, it implies you need one..

thanks

jack 17:17 03 Feb 06

Well I guess that is a possibility-a program designed for printing not completely loading because it cant find one.

I assume therefore you don't have a printer?

I reckon then if that is so the prog would only look for 'printer software'

So try a 'kid'
'Install ' printer'
Simply go to Start/printers and faxes/ open the window/ on the left see 'Add new Printer. untik boxes so that it presents you withs lists of printer makes/models - Pick any current make/model and install the driver
Report back.

Ikelos 17:47 03 Feb 06

good idea, i will give it a try, I do have a printer, but that is connected to the other PC.

Ikelos 18:36 03 Feb 06

Hi jack, went one step more, carried the printer down, nailed it into the laptop, and lo and behold, all working fine.....thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac