Anyone using 98lite? If you are how's it running?

Valvegrid 21:51 20 Jul 03

This was discussed nearly a year ago. It should be long enough to get some feedback on how it's working?

click here

I have put the free version on which has disconnected IE for me, but I would be interested in if it's worth going the whole hog and getting the Pro version.

Thanks

Paul.

leo49 22:02 20 Jul 03

I've got 3 MELite OS's running in various stages of tune and they've been rock solid for a year.The XP I'm using at the moment was installed over the top of a basic MELite installation and it's been problem free.

Regards

Valvegrid 07:01 21 Jul 03

Thanks for your response, not exactly overwhelmed with replies so I can only conclude no one else is using it.

Paul.

zanwalk 09:07 21 Jul 03

I believe there are quite a few users in this forum, some like myself use it as part of SPEEDOS, which was a further development by flecc.

It is excellent and well worth buying the full version as it makes W98/ME into a very stable and fast OS.

Valvegrid 11:29 21 Jul 03

Sounds ideal. I notice it's reasonably priced including the CD. I'll keep the thread open for a while longer.

Paul.

leo49 11:41 21 Jul 03

Must be loads of empty space on the CD - it's such a small program it fits on a floppy.Usually you just download it with a supplied code.

Regards

Valvegrid 19:28 21 Jul 03

for your feedback, as there is very little info from anyone else.

Kind regards both.

Paul.

Chegs ® 19:36 21 Jul 03

I have the Pro version,only I ceased running 98se as everytime I removed anything from my 98 install,my scanner simply refused to work.I have given my 98lite pro to a friend as he still uses 98se,and he has been merrily chopping the bloat out of his install(last time there,he was down to around 200mbs-ish for his OS)and has created images of the chopped install,but is suffering major hassles with other hardware,so hasn't been able to continue the disection of 98...lol

Valvegrid 19:42 21 Jul 03

Thanks for the info, did your friend do a clean install?

Simsy 19:47 21 Jul 03

I've got it running on an OS partition that I use just for graphics work.

It's been solid. Not a single problem since I installed it.

Regards,

Simsy

Chegs ® 19:51 21 Jul 03

Yeah,installed 98se from cdr,no updates,just set to and removed his bits and pieces.He also has a full updated install,that he has also hacked about,also has all the Win Updates on a cdr,so he has more or less covered all bases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…