Anyone used this web site?

davetheraver4 14:34 05 Nov 07

Hi

I have been reading the pc advisor web site on and off for the last few weeks as I am looking for a new basic desktop computer and a mate has recommended using a new web site called PC Checker. Has anyone uses this web site on here?

It seems to have all the main computers and retailers on there and there are a couple of good Dell computers I was thinking about buying on there.

I just wanted to see what people think about the Dell Inspiron 530 DT and whether you agree this is not as good as the Hewlett Packard Pavilion GQ428AA on PC Checker?

Thanks in advance for any help!

davetheraver4 14:36 05 Nov 07

Link is click here by the way as it isn't top of Google yet and I can't edit my post above!

skidzy 16:52 05 Nov 07

Using your link gives plenty of different options of cpu,ram,size of hdd..etc

Dave if you give us your budget,we can find something that suits your needs.

I take it,you just want something that will go online / Email / burn the odd cd/dvd / write a few documents etc.
Just a basic pc.

What size monitor are you looking for if indeed one is required.

davetheraver4 20:09 05 Nov 07

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for exactly like you say - a basic computer that will do those things but also want a newere flat screen monitor as our one is an old CRT thing!

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:22 05 Nov 07

£359 with a 19" flat screen and Vista...click here look no further.

G

skidzy 20:44 05 Nov 07

GANDALF <|:-)> is spot on Dave.
We could advise several computers with various hardware,but it would be pointless.

The Dell machine will serve you just fine.
Ive dealt with Dell several times now with good sales and aftersales service,not to mention free delivery to a time that suits you.

davetheraver4 09:04 06 Nov 07

Thanks guys - I think I will go for the Dell like you say!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5