anyone used a samsung 171 mp lcd screen

colcol 09:32 28 Aug 03

I am tempted to buy a samsung 171 mp lcd screen with built in tv tuner. this can be used as a tv set in addition to being used as a pc monitor.

since I need both a new screen and a tv tuner, in part to re-record old analogue tapes from a camcorder, this screen seems a good solution.

my question is does anyone know pse whether it is possible to not only watch tv and video but also record these onto the attached pc/laptop,s hard drive?

temp003 09:46 28 Aug 03

I don't know for sure, but I doubt very much that the monitor will take the place of a video capture card. It can play video or dvd from an external source, but I don't think it will capture the video.

Quiller. 11:37 28 Aug 03

We have the samsung 171 mp lcd screen with the built in tv tuner, audio player and it is not possible to record to the hard disk.

As temp003 says you will need a video capture card to do this.

colcol 12:47 28 Aug 03

thanks for advice. it appears I will have to buy a screen with a separate tv tuner.

Quiller. 15:19 28 Aug 03

Some models do have a built in TV tuner, mine does.All you have to do is feed the TV\DVD\video\audio signal in to the monitor.

The remote control gives you the option to start in p.c. ,pip , video and audio. It also gives you the option to use the PC and have a separate window, you choose the size, to have the t.v. , video or DVD running. In effect it is a standard tft p.c. monitor. Then it is a tft t.v. that can take all the extras a t.v. can take.

The only thing it does not do is allow you to capture the signal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…