anyone used this free utility/reg program

sunny staines 11:28 21 Oct 07

click here

any used this program it promises the works and sounds too good to be true.

Cymro. 11:36 21 Oct 07

Perhaps it is one of those things that in fact just scans your computer and then asks you to pay to have the full program to get rid of the faults that you never even knew that you had and probably never bothered you.

rawprawn 11:38 21 Oct 07

Good morning sunny staines, it's like WinAso. The unregistered version only corrects some errors, to use it fully you have to register.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:48 21 Oct 07

Have just downloade and tried it. Before use I used Ccleaner and Eusing to clean my registry. On running this PoS it miraculously found 745 incorrect entries (my ghast was flabbered especailly as I had just used 2 cleaners prior to this one) and when I tried to 'repair' them I was taken to a screen asking for $30. No money for usage is mentioned on the download site that I could see. Waste of space and a little bit underhanded..use Ccleaner or Eusing, they are free and IMHO, better.
G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:48 21 Oct 07

It would be interesting for someone else to download it and just see how many errors it finds..it is simple to remove.

G

mfletch 11:54 21 Oct 07

Hi here is another FREE one that works ok,

RegScrubXP click here

Does backups before deleting anything,

mfletch

rawprawn 11:55 21 Oct 07

I tried it and it supposedly found 787 errors, I use WinAso and Advanced Registry doctor.

sunny staines 11:58 21 Oct 07

thanks for all the feedback, looks like one for the bargpole.

cocteau48 12:24 21 Oct 07

Just a word of caution on mfletch's Regscrub XP:
I have tried it,twice, and on both occasions it rendered my machine so unusable (it would not even let me reinstate the progs own backup)that only a system restore got me up and running again. The second time I was obviously prepared for what might happen but the first time was a heart stopper!
Also found much the same scenario with Regseeker but at least that one would reinstate its own backup.

sunny staines 12:32 21 Oct 07

I too had problems with those two in the past and would not recommend them.

only came across the dodgy regclue when looking for a fix for missing winlogon chkdsk log entry in event viewer.

mfletch 12:58 21 Oct 07

Hi guys thank;s for pointing the problems out,

although I have not had any problems it just proves that you/we should all be aware of the problems that can come from using such software,

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…