Anyone used fasthosts?...

barryoneoff.co.uk 14:23 21 Aug 04

After using 1and1 for two years, and even recommending them from time to time, I have found out the hard way that in the long run the customer comes last and doubt very much whether I will continue using them.

I need to find a new webhost, and was loking at the ad in PCA for fasthosts.co.uk Has anyone used this company before? If so, any comments?

Failing that, has anyone got any other recommendations bearing in mind that I must have at least 10gigs bandwidth and am not a millionaire?

Cheers, Whiz...

Forum Editor 15:12 21 Aug 04

I also have a couple of accounts with them. Although they aren't the world's best communicators I have had no real problems with their service, apart from a FrontPage configuration error on my Windows account a while ago.

I don't know much about Fasthosts, so I can't help you there I'm afraid, but for what it's worth I do have an account with Webmania.co.uk and they seem OK so far.

barryoneoff.co.uk 15:17 21 Aug 04

I'll check them out.

Talented Monkey 15:21 21 Aug 04

i am hoping you be first to try webattention.net ive had no problems whatsoever with them, speedy response to ALL questions and problems I have had using variety of methods.

Competitive prices too with attractive features such as Cpanel through which you have access to a amazing selection of tools and scripts which can be auto installed.

Very much worth a look click here

barryoneoff.co.uk 17:04 21 Aug 04

for the response I'll be looking into them properly, but all look good at first glance.

Xko 15:46 23 Aug 04

Another vote for fasthosts!

No complaints from me either...it's all good! ;)

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:56 23 Aug 04

a new site up in a hurry, so for the sake of £20 I gave FE's suggestion a try. There are hardly any bells and whistles, but as It had all I needed. Also the extra benefit of having a commercial site with it's own separate host.

I had a small problem with the FTP and tried their help button. Within seconds I was having a live chat with a helper! Unbelievable! She pointed out the problem straight away (I didn't have the passive box ticked). 1and1 contacted me this morning, after seven days of emails from me (five sites down all this time) and informed me it would take another two or three days to unfreeze my account! They could learn a lot from the above.

I will still have a good look at Fasthosts, but for real value Webmania is great.

Cheers all, Whiz...

Forum Editor 00:03 24 Aug 04

For the record we now have a forum contact with 1&1. See my thread on the subject. I appreciate that it's a little late as far as your particular problem is concerned, but you never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…