Anyone used "ErrorGuard"

Rogerfredo 11:08 08 Jan 05

I have just been notified that my computer currently has 126 "critical" errors which could cause instability etc. Registering the Errorguard program would repair these for $29.
Anyone have experience of this software?

rawprawn 11:35 08 Jan 05

I would be suprised if that were true, have you tried running CCleaner, it's efficient and it's free.click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:01 08 Jan 05

Use Ccleaner and regseeker....click here both free and they will do more than Errorguard could ever dream of.

G

ps...thinking about it logically, how would it know that you have 126 faults?

Rogerfredo 12:15 08 Jan 05

I downloaded and ran the program and it found the faults.
Since reading your replies I have tried 2 other progs suggested. Regseeker found 233 entries that were "not valid" or "not used" or "path does not exist".
Another prog found about 60.
They can't all be right.
I have tried deleting all invalid entries found by Regseeker on previous occasions, and had to restore as the system was adversely affected.
Thanks for replies, any other advice is appreciated.

VoG II 12:19 08 Jan 05

If you are running XP or 2000 try RegscrubXP click here

rawprawn 16:09 08 Jan 05

I have never had a problem deleting anything that Regseeker found, anyway there is a backup which can be easily restored should you have a problem. I would delete all it finds.

Rogerfredo 10:27 09 Jan 05

Thanks for all replies.
I will trial RegscrubXP and CCleaner

Mango Grummit 11:40 09 Jan 05

OzzyOs has a point. Regseeker is good and I use it but you do have to be wary with regard to *old* programmes.

I have Route Tracker (ISYS Systems Ltd) on this machine, as it has been on others before, but it is old and out of date. It's sufficient though for quickly finding out a distance to somewhere.

Regseeker regards Route Tracker as obsolete and left alone would delete it. Did the first time in fact but since then of course I have added Route Tracker to the exclusion list.

It's not a great problem and none at all to most people I guess but it is something that folks need to be aware of if using Regseeker with no backup. It can delete something you use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…