Anyone use Trend Pc-cillin 2004 Internet security?

Confab 13:22 16 Mar 05

I’ve noticed over the past week or so that my PC has slowed down considerably. Apps take longer to open and surfing is a lot slower than usual. I’ve narrowed the problem down to Real Time Agent, Trends real-time virus monitoring. When I turn this off my PC miraculously springs back to life with everything running normally, switch it on and its back to running at snails pace again.

I’m sure it can’t be my PC because I reformatted my HD a few weeks ago and its virtually empty (about 2GB used space). I’ve run all the usual cleaners/scanners etc, which are up to date – all to no avail.

I’ve used Pc-cillin for about 6 years and I’m reluctant to ditch such an impressive product but as my pc is now ancient (PIII 450mhz, 385MB ram) maybe it’s time for me to use something that’s less demanding.

Before I e-mail Trend, has anyone else experienced a slowdown with their PC?

Confab

Confab 22:56 17 Mar 05

bump one last time for the night shift

:-)

Zaphod Beeblebrox 06:20 18 Mar 05

your within spec click here
but i would suspect if you have other progs running as well you might be struggling a bit. you dont say what o/s you are running if it is xp that is quite memory hungry in itself and if you have any other programs running in the background it may be worth having a look and see if you really need them running all the time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…