Anyone tried the new Incredimail2

birdface 13:51 03 Oct 09

Anyone tried this new version and do you need to remove the old version first.

click here

birdface 14:00 03 Oct 09

Just had another read.Not advisable to upgrade or update.So looks like a fresh install may be needed.
Either that or wait until they update it.
I wonder if it creates your e-mail messages and address book like normal updates do.

birdface 14:28 03 Oct 09

Wow.What a difference.Decided to uninstal the old version ran Winaso then reinstalled the new version.What a difference plus all my contacts and e-mails were still intact.
For those of you that use it well worth giving it a try.

Technotiger 16:54 03 Oct 09

Looks good, but not for Fully Paid-up users at the moment - further work is being done and current XE Premium etc users will be urged to wait if they click on the Upgrade link.

birdface 19:06 03 Oct 09

Yes you are probably right.I use the free version on XP Home.It says Windows on it so I presume I will be able to use it when I upgrade to Windows 7 later on this month.

Technotiger 19:18 03 Oct 09

On 7, yes I shouldn't think there will be any problem.

ol blueeyes 21:06 03 Oct 09

It certainly does work on Windows 7

Technotiger 21:08 03 Oct 09

Thanks for the confirmation - I am looking forward to getting Version 2 when they have the Upgrade finished for Paid-up users.

birdface 21:16 03 Oct 09

A massive change in it.You will like the new version.

birdface 08:45 04 Oct 09

Any one installing the new version and have Windows Messenger on their computer will have to go to Tools. Options.And Advanced and make sure associate eml files with Incredimail is ticked .If not ticked all attachments will be opened with Windows Messenger instead of Incredimail.

Technotiger 16:44 04 Oct 09

I have always done the eml files assn thing anyway. I have installed the new IM on a different desktop, not happy with it though - they appear to have removed the option with the small black arrows at the bottom of the screen to hide or show email preview ... now one has to put-up with the bottom half of the window showing part of the preview window, it does not appear that it is hide-able!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…