Anyone tried AVG antivirus free 7.5?

MuDelta 10:27 16 Nov 06

I have had a message from AVG saying version 7.1 will be discontinued from 15/1/07 and that the new free version can be downloaded and installed now. Has anyone tried it and with what result? I am always wary of new versions of programs when first issued - too many bugs. Advice and comments please.

MDM

skidzy 10:33 16 Nov 06

Yes been using it now for about a week,no problems to date and thats on 2 machines.

birdface 10:33 16 Nov 06

Yes works quite good,Before you download it, Delete the 7.1, As others including my self tried to install it over the original, And had problems with it,

carper 10:39 16 Nov 06

Hi. Mine loaded over the original without problem.Seems to be just as good and updates nearly every day as before. Slighly cleaner home page.
Carper

Sethhaniel 10:44 16 Nov 06

Roxio - you have to install a patch from Roxio first ;)

anchor 10:56 16 Nov 06

About 3 weeks ago I installed v7.5 over the top of the original v7.1; like carper I had no problems whatsoever.

I did this on both my desktop and laptop.

skidzy 11:07 16 Nov 06

Just to add i also installed over the top on both machines.

Though i did a little research first,i found some advice stated:

On installation select repair,now im guessing the new version merges with the old version as only one AVG av is showing in Add and Remove Programs.

So far so good.

Jak_1 11:45 16 Nov 06

Works well for me and cleared a couple of snags that 7.1 couldn't.

Tick Tock 3 13:16 16 Nov 06

I made the change and its ok but updates seem much bigger 6 mbs that could be a pain for dialup users.

bof:) 14:33 16 Nov 06

just installed over 7.1, had about a week, no problems as of yet. Seems to scan a little faster that 7.1

BurrWalnut 14:37 16 Nov 06

Has anyone noticed that in WinXP the update date (bottom right of window) is in the American format MM DD YYYY but in Vista it is the correct UK format DD MM YYYY?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…