anyone recommend an adsl integrated modem/router?

wots it all about 13:30 25 Jun 05

Hiya
Can anyone recommend an (easy to setup and use) wireless adsl integrated modem/router please? I want to link my desktop pc and laptop.
Thank you!

sicknote 13:47 25 Jun 05

I brought Linksys WAG 54G and found it easy and reliable so far.Brought from PCworld by using their order online and collect @ store option ands saved some money that way

click here

Taff36 16:27 25 Jun 05

With a "bundled" USB wireless adapter click here Not the easiest set of instructions supplied with it but we can work them out! Don`t forget the "Collect from store" trick to get it at the web price.

wots it all about 20:10 27 Jun 05

Hello
Thank you for that, sorry for delay have been unwell. Will have a look at them both, have also been recommended the following:
Quick find code 74902 :Ebuyer 108 Mbps 4 Port Wireless Firewall Internet Gateway Router with Built in ADSL2/2+ Modem 802.11g+

Does anyone know anything about this one? Many many thanks for any and all help.

HondaMan 20:27 27 Jun 05

After months of struggleing with a Linksys router, I threw it away and bought a BT2100. Should have done it months ago. Absolutely fantastic

Djohn 20:33 27 Jun 05

Also the netgear DG834G gets a very good write up with hundreds of positive user comments. Very easy to set up, just plug into phone line and PC, open your browser enter the code to access the router and your dial up box for your ISP is there waiting for you to type your username and password into, one more click and your surfing away.

briefcase 20:37 27 Jun 05

Agree with Hondaman Bt2100 easy to set up and works like a dream

Bandy 19:59 28 Jun 05

I agree with Djohn, the Netgear moden router he mentions is excellent. I've used three or four

Rayspan 15:44 05 Sep 05

Using the 'wired' version, Netgears DG834 (no suffix.)

Absolute cinch to set up. Sensed my ISP settings automatically.

Combines ADSL modem, router and 4 port ethernet hub. I'm delighted with it.

horus22222 21:21 10 Sep 05

Hi,
My daughter is off to Uni, her room has wireless access. Does it make any difference which wireless PCI card I put in her PC. (any recommendations welcome)
Second question. I have a DG834G in the house if I get her a different make of card will it connect to the netgear. Some of the other cards are less than half the price of the netgear.

Dipso 23:21 10 Sep 05

No, it doesn't make any difference which card you buy. I would perhaps suggest you look for a minimum of wireless G speed though, 54 Mbps, rather than B, 11 Mbps, to match the spec of your router but even 11 Mbps is plenty for most domestic broadband internet connections.

You don't need to get a Netgear to connect to your router either. Go for one of the cheaper ones they should be fine.

Sorry I can't recommend any as my laptop is a Centrino so has an integrated card but someone else may offer help. You could try a new post asking this specifically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…