Anyone recommend a 17" Flat Screen Monitor?

Mr Confused 15:32 09 Apr 06

I looking in to buying a new LCD monitor for my PC to replace my rather large and old CRT monitor.

I'm thinking of getting a 17" monitor but know very little about what I should be looking for. I'm not looking for a top spec monitor just something average or slightly above average. Can anyone give any pointers on what specifically I should be looking for?

For example what is a good:

- Resolution
- Brightness
- Contrast
- Response Time
- Colours?

I'm on a budget of about £150.00 (may be willing to raise a little more). Can anyone recommend a particular model?

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks.

rawprawn 15:49 09 Apr 06

I have an Acer 19" (AL1914) they do some 17" Monitors and I have been happy with mine.
click here

sidecar sid 16:51 09 Apr 06

If your budget can stretch to the p&p this 19"
click here?
ID=19732&SpecialStatus=1
May not be a"brand name"but it is an excellent monitor with a three year warranty.

Mr Confused 17:10 09 Apr 06

Thanks for your help guys but I decided to settle on this in the end click here

Mr Mistoffelees 17:14 09 Apr 06

Have a look at this click here

A ViewSonic VE710s for £150.41

rawprawn 17:14 09 Apr 06

To be honest most monitors nowadays perform well, it is just a personal choice unless you want something special.I hope that you get full enjoyment out of your new purchase.

rmcqua 18:19 09 Apr 06

I'm sure you will be very happy with your Samsung. I have had Samsung CRT and (now) TFT monitors and have always been well pleased with them. Currently using a SyncMaster 930BF, which is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…