anyone recomend a good socket A Mobo

Sisha 10:21 02 May 03

My KT3 Ultra 2 stinks. I am running an XP2000 cpu with 512mb of DDR RAM with a seagate barracuda 7200 rpm 80GB HD. Graphics card is just a rubbishy mx440 Geforce 4 thingy and an even more rubbish audigy sound card.
Anyone recommend a good board to run stable with this kit?
Also, can anyone recommend a good heatsink for the cpu?

moore_mat 10:47 02 May 03

Quality mo/bo:-
click here

Quality CPU cooler:-
click here

Quality Graphics:-
click here Or a Radeon 9700 if you're loaded!

I'm not an advocate for ebuyer, it's just easy to cut 'n' paste their links.

I have bought from them (very nice peeps), but also recommended is Eclipse Computers
click here

They do some pretty good special offers and some very nice cases.

I just built a new PC with bits from both these traders.

Hope this helps!

MartinT-B 10:53 02 May 03

Asus A7N8X or A7N8X Deluxe. Onboard 5.1 sound is AWESOME. Unless you are a professional musician or a classical buff, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and Audigy2

Radeon cards are cheaper now, try 9500 pro.

Thermaltake Heatsink.

Sisha 10:57 02 May 03

I think I will skip the ebuyer site click here but I will have a good look around Eclipse.
I have to say I am not convinced by the quality of MSI boards and was wondering if anyone could recommend another brand of mobo?
I once had an ABIT KR7A RAID board but sold it on.

MartinT-B 11:19 02 May 03

Check out the Overclockers site. They have a range of boards in all makes and prices which have been 'abused' by their community of OCers. If they sell them, then for normal use they'll be excellent.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…