Anyone own a BT Voyager 205 ADSL router?

Fateful Shadow 11:04 30 May 05

If so, could you tell me what connections/inputs it has on the back? I'm hoping it has 2 ethernet connections, seeing as I want to connect 2 computers via network cards!

jolorna 11:07 30 May 05
  Fateful Shadow 11:12 30 May 05

Thanks for the lnk, but it says it has an ethernet port and a USB port, yet it comes with 2 ethernet cables? I'm confused?!

Fateful Shadow 11:35 30 May 05

^^

wee eddie 14:33 30 May 05

If I remember correctly, mine came with an Ethernet Cable and a USB Cable.

Set up disk suggests that you use USB for the first PC and Ethernet for any subsequent one.

Fateful Shadow 17:27 30 May 05

I haven't got it yet wee eddie. I've been planning ahead but it seems to have gone a bit wrong. I thought there'd be 2 ethernet ports but it seems as though there isn't. I've already bought 2 ethernet cables long enough to stretch from the 'proposed sire' of the router, but it looks like I'm going to have to switch one of them for a USB cable!

Thanks for the help anyway :)

wee eddie 17:45 30 May 05

Don't jump the gun. I haven't measured both cables but the Ethernet cable is over 10 foot long.

Fateful Shadow 17:50 30 May 05

From the mid-point of wherethe two computers are, the length of each required cable is about 20ft....if you get what I mean :)

Magik ®© 18:17 30 May 05

not the answer you want, but i have the BT voyager 2000, there is a newer one out, and that will connect all your PC,s wireless'ly...all set up and running in less than 15 minutes.......

eedcam 18:45 30 May 05

For about £60 you could get the 240 at click here with 4 ports

jolorna 18:59 30 May 05

well you cant run usb for a 20'length so it looks as though you are going to have to move the phone socket closer to 1 of the computers and run a longer cat cable to the other or buy a different router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…