Anyone out there using a Voyager 205 with max dsl

wobblymike 09:09 12 Aug 06

I am getting the run around from both my ISP (Plusnet) and BT. I have up to 8MB max dsl and my line is rated to 4.5MB. I am getting download speeds of 300-500 typical kbits/sec. I have done all the checks known to man and a few more and the only thing left is the capability of my 205 router/modem. I have tried another 205 with no difference. Before I invest in a router and/or a different modem does anyone out there use the same set up as me on max dsl.
Voyager 205 modem connected via ethernet cable.

bythor 09:23 12 Aug 06

wobblymike
Not sure what you mean by 'max' dsl, but I'm using a voyager 205, with BT as my ISP. I have the 8MB option, although I only get around 6MB according to adslguide.org, but no problems with the voyager.

Stuartli 10:10 12 Aug 06

ADSLMax is the "up to 8MB" service from BT. See:

click here

ADSL2/2+ provides up to 24MB.

I've just bought an ADSL2/2+ modem router from e-Buyer for the princely sum of £24 and a few pence including delivery (not a wireless router) that will handle such speeds when they become available.

However, it seems to have sold out (it was an dBuyer Special Value rebadged Safecom model.

The five port version is £28 (same basic appearance):

click here

wobblymike 21:00 12 Aug 06

byauthor

thanks you have answerd my question if you can get 6mb from the 205 then so can I - back to my ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…